CA Welf & Inst Code Section 16508

Permanent placement services shall be provided or arranged for by county welfare department staff for children who cannot safely live with their parents and are not likely to return to their own homes, and to nonminor dependents in planned permanent living arrangements. Permanent placement services, including supportive transition services, shall be available without regard to income to the following children:


Children judged dependent under Section 300 where a review has determined that reunification, adoption, tribal customary adoption, or guardianship is inappropriate.


Recipients of public assistance under the nonfederally funded Aid to Families with Dependent Children Foster Care program who are wards of a legal guardian pursuant to Section 11405, where a review has determined that reunification or adoption is inappropriate.


On and after January 1, 2012, nonminor dependents, as defined in subdivision (v) of Section 11400, who are receiving AFDC-FC pursuant to Section 11403.


For purposes of this section, “supportive transition services” means permanent placement services provided to nonminor dependents as described in subdivision (v) of Section 11400.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 16508’s source at ca​.gov