Of the one hundred million dollars ($100,000,000) transferred to the Affordable Housing Innovation Fund established in the State Treasury under subparagraph (F) of paragraph (1) of subdivision (a) of Section 53545, the following amounts shall be allocated as follows:
(a) The department shall make available the amount of twenty-five million dollars ($25,000,000) for the Affordable Housing Revolving Development and Acquisition Program established pursuant to Section 50705.
(b) (1)The department shall make available the amount of thirty-five million dollars ($35,000,000) for the local housing trust fund matching grant
program established under Section 50843.5. The department shall make available 50 percent of this amount exclusively for newly established housing trust funds.
(2) Notwithstanding any other law, funds set aside for housing trust funds pursuant to this subdivision shall be continuously available for encumbrance and disbursement to those trust funds, and shall not revert to the Self-Help Housing Fund created by Section 50697.1, or any other fund.
(c) The department shall make available the amount of ten million dollars ($10,000,000) for the Innovative Homeownership Program, which the department shall develop and implement as follows:
(1) The program shall be designed to increase or maintain affordable homeownership
opportunities for Californians with lower incomes.
(2) The department shall adopt guidelines for the program that, among other things, shall maximize the number of units assisted, limit the expenditure of funds for administrative costs, and maximize the leverage of public and private financing sources.
(3) The guidelines adopted by the department shall provide for the issuance of a notice of funding availability soliciting competitive proposals for the use of funds consistent with those guidelines and with subparagraph (F) of paragraph (1) of subdivision (a) of Section 53545.
(4) The guidelines adopted by the department shall not be subject to the requirements of Chapter 6.5 (commencing with Section 11340) of
Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code.
(5) The department shall include within the annual report required under Section 50408 a detailed summary and description of the manner in which funds made available under this subdivision were expended during the previous year and a statement regarding the manner in which those expenditures meet the intent of the Legislature and the voters that funds from the Innovative Housing Fund be expended in support of innovative, cost-saving approaches to creating or preserving affordable housing.
(d) (1)The amount of thirty million dollars ($30,000,000) is transferred from the Affordable Housing Innovation Fund to a
subaccount, which is hereby created, within the Housing Rehabilitation Loan Fund. Notwithstanding Section 13340 of the Government Code, the moneys transferred to the subaccount shall be continuously appropriated to the department for the Multifamily Housing Program authorized by Chapter 6.7 (commencing with Section 50675) of Part 2 of Division 31.
(2) The department shall provide for the issuance of a notice of funding availability soliciting competitive proposals for the use of the funds appropriated in paragraph (1). The notice of funding availability shall provide that the department will consider persons with developmental disabilities, including, but not limited to, those with autism, and homeless veterans as special needs populations for purposes of granting bonus points to developments serving special needs