(a) Except as specified in subdivision (c), all ready-to-eat foods prepared at a food facility from raw or incompletely cooked food of animal origin shall be cooked to heat all parts of the food to a temperature and for a time that complies with the following methods based on the food that is cooked:
(1) The following shall be heated to
a minimum internal temperature of 145°F or above for 15 seconds:
(A) Raw shell eggs that are broken and prepared in response to a consumer’s order and for immediate service.
(C) Single pieces of meat, including beef, veal, lamb, pork, and game animals from approved sources.
(2) The following foods shall be heated to a minimum internal temperature of 155°F for 15 seconds or the temperature specified in the following chart that corresponds to the holding time:
(A) Ratites and injected meats.
(B) Comminuted meat or any food containing comminuted meat.
(C) Raw eggs and foods containing raw eggs that are not prepared as specified in paragraph (1).
< 1second (instantaneous)
(3) The following shall be heated to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F for 15 seconds:
(C) Stuffed fish, stuffed meat, stuffed poultry, and stuffed ratites.
(D) Stuffing containing fish, meat, poultry, or ratites.
(E) Pasta and any other food stuffed with fish, meat, poultry, or ratites.
(b) Whole beef roasts, corned beef roasts, pork roasts, and cured pork roasts, such as ham, shall be cooked as specified in both of the following:
(1) In an oven that is
preheated to the temperature specified for the roast’s weight in the following chart and that is held at that temperature:
Oven Temperature Based on Roast Weight
*Relative humidity greater than 90% for at least 1 hour measured in the cooking chamber or exit of the oven; or in a moisture-impermeable bag that provides 100% humidity.
(2) As specified in the following chart, to heat all parts of the food to a temperature and for the holding time that corresponds to that temperature:
* Holding time may include postoven heat rise.
(c) The department may approve alternative time and temperature minimum heating
requirements to thoroughly cook the foods identified in this section when the food facility or person demonstrates to the department that the alternative heating requirements provide an equivalent level of food safety.