CA Gov't Code Section 62002

An authority may do all of the following:


Provide funding to rehabilitate, repair, upgrade, or construct infrastructure.


Provide for low- and moderate-income housing in accordance with Part 2 (commencing with Section 62100).


Remedy or remove a release of hazardous substances pursuant to the Polanco Redevelopment Act (Article 12.5 (commencing with Section 33459) of Part 1 of Chapter 4 of Division 24) or Chapter 6.10 (commencing with Section 25403) of Division 20 of the Health and Safety Code.


Provide for seismic retrofits of existing buildings in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.


Acquire and transfer real property in accordance with Part 3 (commencing with Section 62200). The authority shall retain controls and establish restrictions or covenants running with the land sold or leased for private use for such periods of time and under such conditions as are provided in the plan. The establishment of such controls is a public purpose under the provisions of this part.


Issue bonds in conformity with Article 4.5 (commencing with Section 53506) and Article 5 (commencing with Section 53510) of Chapter 3 of Part 1 of Division 2 of Title 5.


Borrow money, receive grants, or accept financial or other assistance or investment from the state or the federal government or any other public agency or private lending institution for any project or within its area of operation, and may comply with any conditions of the loan or grant. An authority may qualify for funding as a disadvantaged community pursuant to Section 79505.5 of the Water Code or as defined by Section 56033.5. An authority may also enter into an agreement with a qualified community development entity, as defined by Section 45D(c) of the Internal Revenue Code, to coordinate investments of funds derived from the New Markets Tax Credit with those of the authority in instances where coordination offers opportunities for greater efficiency of investments to improve conditions described in subdivisions (d) and (e) within the territorial jurisdiction of the authority.


Adopt a community revitalization and investment plan pursuant to Sections 62003 and 62004.


Make loans or grants for owners or tenants to improve, rehabilitate, or retrofit buildings or structures within the plan area.


Construct foundations, platforms, and other like structural forms necessary for the provision or utilization of air rights sites for buildings to be used for residential, commercial industrial, or other uses contemplated by the revitalization plan.


Provide direct assistance to businesses within the plan area in connection with new or existing facilities for industrial or manufacturing uses, except as specified in this division.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 62002’s source at ca​.gov