CA Gov't Code Section 1151

State employees may authorize deductions to be made from their salaries or wages for payment of one or more of the following:


Insurance premiums or other employee benefit programs sponsored by a state agency under appropriate statutory authority.


Premiums on National Service Life Insurance or United States Government Converted Insurance.


Shares or obligations to any regularly chartered credit union.


Recurrent fees or charges payable to a state agency for a program that has a purpose related to government, as determined by the Controller.


The purchase of United States savings bonds in accordance with procedures established by the Controller.


Payment of charitable contributions under any plan approved by the Department of General Services in accordance with procedures established by the Controller.


Passes, tickets, or tokens issued for a period of one month, or more, by a public transportation system.


Deposit into an employee’s account with a state or federal bank or savings and loan association located in this state, for services offered by that bank or savings and loan association.


The purchase of any investment or thrift certificate issued by an industrial loan company licensed by this state.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 1151’s source at ca​.gov