(a) No hunting license may be issued to any person unless he or she presents to the person authorized to issue that license any of the following:
(1) Evidence that he or she has held a hunting license issued by this state in a prior year.
(2) Evidence that he or she holds a current hunting license, or a hunting license issued in either of the two previous hunting years by another state or province.
(3) A certificate of completion of a course in hunter education, principles of conservation, and sportsmanship, as provided in this article. A hunter education
instruction validation stamp shall be permanently affixed to certificates of completion that have been issued before January 1, 2008.
(4) A certificate of successful completion of a hunter education course in another state or province.
(5) Evidence of completion of a course in hunter education, principles of conservation, and sportsmanship, which the commission may, by regulation, require.
(b) The evidence required in subdivision (a) shall be forwarded to the department.
(c) Subdivision (a) does not apply to any person purchasing a hunting license under paragraph (5) of subdivision (a) of Section 3031. However, that license shall not qualify as evidence required in subdivision (a) of this section.