CA Educ Code Section 66016.3


Any student, including a person without lawful immigration status, or a person who is exempt from nonresident tuition pursuant to Section 68130.5, may serve in any capacity in student government at the California State University or the California Community Colleges and receive any grant, scholarship, fee waiver, or reimbursement for expenses incurred connected with that service to the full extent consistent with federal law.


The University of California is requested to comply with this section.


The Legislature finds and declares this section is a state law within the meaning of subsection (d) of Section 1621 of the United States Code.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 66016.3’s source at ca​.gov