CA Educ Code Section 49114

The person authorized to issue permits to work or to employ may issue to any minor a certificate of age when the minor accompanied by his parent, guardian, or other person in control or charge of the minor, presents to the authority, the evidence of age specified in this chapter. The certificate of age shall serve as a permit to employ a minor who is not by law required to attend school, and who is otherwise required to hold a permit to work.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 49114’s source at ca​.gov