CA Corp Code Section 25231


Any investment adviser, or any person who contemplates becoming an investment adviser, may apply for a certificate to act as an investment adviser by filing with the commissioner an application. The application shall be accompanied by the consent to service of process specified in Section 25240 and shall contain information, in such form and detail, as the commissioner may by rule prescribe.


Unless otherwise provided by rule or order of the commissioner, all investment adviser and investment adviser representative applications, amendments, reports, notices, related filings, and fees required to be filed with the commissioner pursuant to this title shall be filed electronically with and transmitted to the Web-based Investment Adviser Registration Depository operated by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 25231’s source at ca​.gov