CA Civ Code Section 1181

The proof or acknowledgment of an instrument may be made before a notary public at any place within this state, or within the county or city and county in this state in which the officer specified below was elected or appointed, before either:


A clerk of a superior court.


A county clerk.


A court commissioner.


A retired judge of a municipal or justice court.


A district attorney.


A clerk of a board of supervisors.


A city clerk.


A county counsel.


A city attorney.


Secretary of the Senate.


Chief Clerk of the Assembly.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 1181’s source at ca​.gov