(a) The license classification pursuant to this division shall, at a minimum, be as follows:
(1) Type 1—Cultivation; Specialty outdoor; Small.
(2) Type 1A—Cultivation; Specialty indoor; Small.
(3) Type 1B—Cultivation; Specialty mixed-light; Small.
(4) Type 2—Cultivation; Outdoor; Small.
(5) Type 2A—Cultivation; Indoor; Small.
(6) Type 2B—Cultivation; Mixed-light; Small.
(7) Type 3—Cultivation; Outdoor; Medium.
(8) Type 3A—Cultivation; Indoor; Medium.
(9) Type 3B—Cultivation; Mixed-light; Medium.
(10) Type 4—Cultivation; Nursery.
(11) Type 5—Cultivation; Outdoor; Large.
(12) Type 5A—Cultivation; Indoor; Large.
(13) Type 5B—Cultivation; Mixed-light; Large.
(14) Type 6—Manufacturer 1.
(15) Type 7—Manufacturer 2.
(18) Type 11—Distributor.
(19) Type 12—Microbusiness.
(b) All licenses issued under this division shall bear a clear designation indicating that the license is for commercial marijuana activity as distinct from commercial medical cannabis activity licensed under Chapter 3.5 (commencing with Section 19300) of Division 8. Examples of such a designation include, but are not limited to, “Type 1—Nonmedical,” or “Type 1NM.”
(c) A license issued pursuant to this division shall be valid for 12 months from the date of issuance. The license may be renewed annually.
(d) Each licensing authority shall establish
procedures for the issuance and renewal of licenses.
(e) Notwithstanding subdivision (c), a licensing authority may issue a temporary license for a period of less than 12 months. This subdivision shall cease to be operative on January 1, 2019.