(a) The Child Welfare Services Program Improvement Fund is hereby established in the State Treasury. The fund shall consist of donated grants, gifts, or bequests made to the state from private sources, and the moneys in the fund shall be expended, upon appropriation by the Legislature, to enhance the state’s ability to provide a comprehensive system of supports that promote positive outcomes for children and families.
(b) To the extent possible, the department shall use moneys in the fund as a match to obtain federal participation in the cost of eligible activities.
(c) Moneys made available through the Child Welfare Services Program Improvement Fund shall be used to augment federal, state, or county funds made available for the child welfare services program.
(d) It is the intent of the Legislature that moneys in the Child Welfare Services Program Improvement Fund shall provide for activities including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Providing mandated training statewide for all child welfare services social workers.
(2) Standardizing training so that all foster parents and relative caregivers in the state receive the same level and quality of training.
(3) Expediting the implementation of evidence-based practices, as recommended in the Child Welfare Services (CWS) Redesign.
(4) Supporting the state’s ability to achieve improved outcomes for children and families consistent with the terms of the State of California Program Improvement Plan (PIP) for the Child Welfare Services Program.
(5) Supporting technical assistance efforts for counties.