Notwithstanding any other provision contained in this division, the El Dorado Irrigation District, or an improvement district formed within the El Dorado Irrigation District pursuant to the provisions of this division may:
(a) Construct, operate and maintain facilities for the collection, transmission, treatment and disposal of sewage water, including all works, structures, plants, equipment, and lines necessary and convenient for the collection, transmission, treatment, and disposal of sewage waters within the district.
(b) Construct, operate and maintain works and facilities for the use, storage, control, regulation, and distribution of any drainage water within the district.
(c) Authorize, issue and sell revenue bonds pursuant to the provisions of the Revenue Bond Law of 1941 (Chapter 6 (commencing with Section 54300) of Part 1 of Division 2 of Title 5 of the Government Code) for any one or more of the purposes specified in this division.
(d) Authorize, issue and sell general obligation bonds pursuant to the provisions of Article 10 (commencing with Section 25211.1) of Chapter 2.2 of Part 2 of Division 2 of Title 3 of the Government Code for any one or more of the purposes specified in this division.
(e) Use the Improvement Act of 1911 (Division 7 (commencing with Section 5000) of the Streets and Highways Code), the Municipal Improvement Act of 1913 (Division 12 (commencing with Section 10000) of the Streets and Highways Code), and the Improvement Bond Act of 1915 (Division 10 (commencing with Section 8500) of the Streets and Highways Code) for the construction of any facilities authorized to be constructed under the provisions of this division.
In the application of the above-specified acts to proceedings under this subdivision, the terms used in those acts shall have the following meanings:
(1) City council and council shall mean the board of directors of the district.
(2) City and municipality shall mean the district.
(3) Clerk and city clerk shall mean the secretary.
(4) Superintendent of streets and street superintendent and city engineer shall mean the general manager of the district or any other person appointed to perform such duties.
(5) Tax collector shall mean the district tax collector.
(6) Treasurer and city treasurer shall mean the person or officer who has charge of and makes payment of the funds of the district.
(7) Right-of-way shall mean any parcel of land through which a right-of-way has been granted to the district for the purpose of constructing or maintaining any work or improvements which the district is authorized to do.
The powers and duties conferred by such acts upon boards, officers and agents of cities shall be exercised by the board, officers and agents of the district, respectively.