(a) The director shall maintain a separate reserve account for each employer, and shall credit each reserve account with all the contributions paid on his or her behalf.
(b) Unemployment compensation benefits paid to an unemployed individual during any benefit year shall be charged against the reserve account of his or her employer during his or her base period. If the individual performed services in employment for more than one employer during his or her base period,
unemployment compensation benefits paid to him or her shall be charged against the respective reserve accounts of the employers in the proportion that the total wages paid to the individual in employment for each employer bears to the total wages paid to the individual in employment for all employers during the base period.
(c) The director shall credit the interest earned by the Unemployment Fund to each positive reserve employer account in proportion to the amount the account bears to the total of all positive reserve accounts.
(d) Except as provided by Sections 803 and 821, in proportion to the amount each employer’s taxable wages bears to the total of all employers’ taxable wages, the director shall credit to each employer reserve account all of the following:
(1) Benefit overpayments collected in the four
quarters prior to the computation date.
(2) Positive balances in reserve accounts canceled pursuant to Section 1029.
(e) Except as provided by Sections 803 and 821, in the same proportion as provided in subdivision (d), the director shall charge to each employer reserve account all of the following:
(1) The increase in the total of all negative reserve account balances as computed by subtracting the total of all negative reserve account balances on July 31 of each year prior to the cancellations required by Section 1027.5 from the total of all negative reserve account balances on the prior July 31 after the cancellations required by Section 1027.5, except as provided by Section 1144.
(2) Benefit overpayments established in the four quarters prior to the computation date.
(3) Benefits not charged to employer reserve accounts pursuant to Section 1032, 1032.5, 1034, 1035, 1036, 1335, 1338, or 1380.
(4) Other items of expense and benefit charges not included in active employer reserve accounts.