The panel shall allocate funds available in the annual Budget Act for training programs designed for individuals who are eligible to receive benefits under Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 11200) of Part 3 of Division 9 of the Welfare and Institutions Code or who have received CalWORKs benefits within one year of the commencement of the training program.
(a) It is the intent of the Legislature in providing authority for these training programs that the panel allocate these funds in a manner consistent with the objectives of this chapter as provided in Section 10200.
(b) Notwithstanding any other provisions of this chapter, the eligibility criteria for individuals trained under this section shall be employment with an eligible employer as defined in subdivision (a) of Section 10201 and:
(1) Receipt of CalWORKs benefits at the time training begins, or
(2) Receipt of CalWORKs benefits within one year of the time training commenced.
(c) For purposes of this section, the panel may waive, if necessary, any of the following:
(1) The employer eligibility criteria outlined in paragraph (1) of subdivision (a) of Section 10200.
(2) The minimum training wage requirements pursuant to subdivision (g) of Section 10201.
(3) The employment retention provisions specified in subdivision (f) of Section 10209 and instead require that the trainee has been retained in employment for a minimum of 90 days out of 120 consecutive days after the end of training with no more than three employers.
(d) Notwithstanding any other provisions of this chapter, the panel shall consider proposals that use innovative strategies and training options to enable current and prior CalWORKs recipients and eligibles to retain employment, including, but not limited to, projects that provide basic skills training.
(e) The panel shall adopt administrative procedures for approving and administering contracts under this section to expedite contracts, minimize barriers to completion of training, and facilitate the training of single trainees and small groups of trainees from one worksite.