California Streets and Highways Code
(1) Route 41 near Oakhurst to Route 140 at Mariposa.
(2) Route 140 at Mariposa to Route 120 near Moccasin.
(3) Route 120 near Chinese Camp to Route 80 near Auburn via the vicinity of Sonora; via Angels Camp, San Andreas, and Jackson; and via the vicinity of El Dorado, Diamond Springs, and Placerville.
(4) Route 80 near Auburn to Route 20 in Grass Valley.
(5) Route 20 at Nevada City to Route 89 near Sattley via Downieville.
(6) Route 89 near Sierraville to Route 70 near Vinton via Loyalton.
(b) The relinquished former portion of Route 49 within the City of Auburn is not a state highway and is not eligible for adoption under Section 81. For the relinquished former portion of Route 49, the City of Auburn shall maintain within its jurisdiction signs directing motorists to the continuation of Route 49. The city may apply to the department for approval of a business route designation in accordance with Chapter 20, Topic 21, of the Highway Design Manual.