CA Pub Res Code Section 5096.242


Any Member of the Legislature, the State Park and Recreation Commission, the California Coastal Commission, or the Secretary of the Resources Agency may nominate any project to be funded under this article for study by the Department of Parks and Recreation. The State Park and Recreation Commission shall nominate projects after holding at least one public hearing to seek project proposals from individuals, citizen groups, the Department of Parks and Recreation, and other public agencies. Any of the commissions shall make nominations by vote of its membership.


The Department of Parks and Recreation shall study any project so nominated.


Nominated projects shall be approved by the Secretary of the Resources Agency and forwarded by the secretary to the Director of Finance for inclusion in the Budget Bill.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 5096.242’s source at ca​.gov