CA Pub Res Code Section 45014


Upon the failure of a person to comply with a final order issued by a local enforcement agency or the board, the Attorney General, upon request of the board, shall petition the superior court for the issuance of a preliminary or permanent injunction, or both, as may be appropriate, restraining the person or persons from continuing to violate the order or complaint.


An attorney authorized to act on behalf of the local enforcement agency or the board may petition the superior court for injunctive relief to enforce this part, a term or condition in a solid waste facilities permit, or a standard adopted by the board or the local enforcement agency.


In addition to the administrative imposition of civil penalties pursuant to this part, Article 6 (commencing with Section 42850) of Chapter 16 of Part 3, and Article 4 (commencing with Section 42962) of Chapter 19 of Part 3, an attorney authorized to act on behalf of the local enforcement agency or the board may apply, to the clerk of the appropriate court in the county in which the civil penalty was imposed, for a judgment to collect the penalty. The application, which shall include a certified copy of the decision or order in the civil penalty action, constitutes a sufficient showing to warrant issuance of the judgment. The court clerk shall enter the judgment immediately in conformity with the application. The judgment so entered shall include the amount of the court filing fee that would have been due from an applicant who is not a public agency, and has the same force and effect as, and is subject to all the provisions of law relating to, a judgment in a civil action, and may be enforced in the same manner as any other judgment of the court in which it is entered. The amount of the unpaid court filing fee shall be paid to the court prior to satisfying any of the civil penalty amount. Thereafter, any civil penalty or judgment recovered shall be paid, to the maximum extent allowed by law, to the board or to the local enforcement agency, whichever is represented by the attorney who brought the action.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 45014’s source at ca​.gov