CA Pub Res Code Section 30601

Prior to certification of the local coastal program and, where applicable, in addition to a permit from local government pursuant to subdivision (b) or (d) of Section 30600, a coastal development permit shall be obtained from the commission for any of the following:


Developments between the sea and the first public road paralleling the sea or within 300 feet of the inland extent of any beach or of the mean high tide line of the sea where there is no beach, whichever is the greater distance.


Developments not included within paragraph (1) located on tidelands, submerged lands, public trust lands, within 100 feet of any wetland, estuary, stream, or within 300 feet of the top of the seaward face of any coastal bluff.


Any development which constitutes a major public works project or a major energy facility.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 30601’s source at ca​.gov