CA Pub Cont Code Section 21297


It may make and enter into contracts with the United States, the State of California, any political subdivision, county, municipality, district, agency, or mandatory of the State of California or of the United States and any department, board, bureau, or commission of the State of California or the United States, or any person, firm, association, or corporation, jointly or severally, for the acquisition of property or rights or the construction, maintenance, and operation in whole or in part of any or all works and improvements provided for in this act.


It may lease or rent to or from any of the parties named in subdivision (a) any property or rights necessary, in the opinion of the board, to accomplish or carry out any of the work or improvement or the maintenance thereof herein provided and under such terms and conditions as may be agreed upon between the parties.


It may receive and accept any and all contributions in labor, material, or money from any of the parties named in subdivision (a), to be applied to the work or improvement herein provided for.


It may cooperate and contract with the United States under the Federal Reclamation Act of June 17, 1902, and all acts amendatory thereof or supplementary thereto or any other act of Congress heretofore or hereafter enacted permitting cooperation or contract for the purposes of construction of works, whether for irrigation, drainage, or flood control, or for the acquisition, purchase, extension, operation, or maintenance of such works, or for a water supply for any purposes, or for the assumption as principal or guarantor of indebtedness to the United States, or for carrying out any of the purposes of the district, and to carry out and perform the terms of any contract so made.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 21297’s source at ca​.gov