California Penal Code
A county probation department shall establish the following standards as are necessary to enhance public safety:
(a) Standards for the minimum time interval between transmissions of information about the location of the person under supervision. The standards shall be established after an evaluation of, at a minimum, all of the following:
(1) The resources of the county probation department.
(2) The criminal history of the person under supervision.
(3) The safety of the victim of the persons under supervision.
(b) Standards for the accuracy of the information identifying the location of the person under supervision. The standards shall be established after consideration of, at a minimum, all of the following:
(1) The need to identify the location of a person proximate to the location of a crime, including a violation of probation.
(2) Resources of the probation department.
(3) The need to avoid false indications of proximity to crimes.