(a) When a veteran has been authorized by the department to select a farm or home, he or she shall submit that selection for approval, as the department prescribes. The department shall have the sole responsibility for the underwriting and approval of all farm or home loans, subject to this article.
(b) In order to achieve efficient processing and approval of loans, the department shall do all of the following:
(1) The department shall establish all systems, procedures, technologies, and guidelines necessary to achieve efficient processing of farm or home loans submitted for approval by the department, with the intent of achieving loan delivery within an average of 30 days. These shall include, but may not be limited to, systems and technologies for the electronic transfer of loan funds and related fees.
(2) The department shall ensure optimal participation of qualified mortgage brokers and other qualified financial institutions and shall review, standardize, and where possible simplify, the documentation required of mortgage brokers and other qualified financial institutions. The department shall provide adequate training and certification of participating mortgage brokers and other qualified financial institutions.
(3) The department shall establish an outreach program to
effectively disseminate information concerning the simplified and more efficient loan process to professional real estate and mortgage broker associations.
(4) The department shall offer broker compensation and fees sufficient to ensure optimal participation of the private sector in the loan origination process and consistent with the veteran borrower’s interest in efficient and economical loan processing.
(5) The department shall provide access over the Internet to veteran applicants and their authorized agents to enable loan applications to be filed, processed, and tracked electronically.
(6) In cooperation with the Office of Administrative Law, the department shall, on or before October 30, 2000, promulgate all regulations necessary to implement the provisions of this section and Section 987.67, with the intent of
achieving loan delivery within an average of 30 days through measures including, but not limited to, optimal participation in the loan origination process by qualified private sector real estate mortgage associations.