The Courts-Martial Appellate Panel shall have power over the following:
(a) The issuance of extraordinary writs relative to all matters arising under the following:
(1) The provisions of this code.
(2) The Uniform Code of Military Justice.
(3) Any regulation issued by the Governor pertaining to members of the California active militia.
(4) Court-martial actions pending before any military judge of the California Military Department.
(b) Adjudicating appeals of sentences of a court-martial that have been approved by the convening authority, as described in Section 455.1, and which include:
(1) Dismissal, in the case of a commissioned or warrant officer.
(2) Dishonorable discharge, in the case of an enlisted man or woman.
(3) Bad-conduct discharge, in the case of an enlisted man or woman.
(4) Forfeiture of all pay and allowances.
(c) The practices and procedures of the Courts-Martial Appellate Panel shall follow the federal Manual for Courts-Martial described in Section 102
and the California Manual for Courts-Martial.