(a) The Legislature acknowledges that certain artifacts of the Grand Army of the Republic that were at one time stored or displayed in the State Capitol were the personal property of certain members of the Civil War Roundtable. The Legislature acknowledges that those artifacts have been donated to, and are now in the custody of, the California State Military Museum and Resource Center, and are, thus, not the subject of this section.
(b) The Civil War memorabilia that are still located at the State Capitol and that are the subject of this section consist of the following:
(1) A display cabinet that once contained, among other things, artifacts of the Grand Army
of the Republic that have since been donated by the Civil War Roundtable to the California State Military Museum and Resource Center mentioned in subdivision (a).
(2) Certain flags of the Grand Army of the Republic that have been, and continue to be, stored or displayed in the State Capitol.
(3) One or more paintings of the Civil War era that were donated to the state.
(4) Other remaining artifacts of the Grand Army of the Republic, and Civil War memorabilia.
(c) The articles specified in subdivision (b) shall be stored, cared for, or displayed as follows:
(1) The Adjutant General shall provide suitable accommodations within the California State Military Museum and Resource Center for the
care and display of the display cabinet that was once used to display at the State Capitol the books, papers, and other artifacts relating to the Grand Army of the Republic and may make suitable arrangements for the use of this cabinet for the public display of these articles in locations throughout the state.
(2) Suitable facilities shall be provided at the State Capitol for storage or display within the State Capitol of the flags as set forth in paragraph (2) of subdivision (b), of the Civil War era paintings donated to the state as set forth in paragraph (3) of subdivision (b), and of other remaining artifacts and Civil War memorabilia as set forth in paragraph (4) of subdivision (b).