California Labor Code
Sec. § 7912

No person shall operate an amusement ride unless there is in existence and on file with the division a policy of insurance, issued by a company licensed by the Department of Insurance to do business in the state, or by a nonadmitted insurer employed by a surplus lines broker licensed by the Department of Insurance, in an amount of not less than five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000) until January 1, 2009, and, effective on and after January 1, 2009, one million dollars ($1,000,000) per occurrence insuring the owner or operator against liability for injury suffered by persons riding the amusement ride.
Last accessed
Jun. 6, 2016