CA Ins Code Section 11091

No foreign or alien society shall transact business in this State without a certificate of authority issued by the commissioner. Any such society may receive a certificate of authority to transact business in this State upon a showing that its assets are invested in accordance with the provisions of this chapter and filing with the commissioner:


A duly certified copy of its charter or articles of incorporation;


A copy of its constitution and laws, certified by its secretary or corresponding officer;


A power of attorney to the commissioner as prescribed in Section 11104;


A statement of its business under oath of its president and secretary or corresponding officers in a form prescribed by the commissioner, duly verified by an examination made by the supervising insurance official of its home state or other state satisfactory to the commissioner;


A valuation report prepared and executed in accordance with Section 11133 of this chapter;


A certificate from the proper official of its home state, territory, province or country that the society is legally incorporated and licensed to transact business therein;


Copies of its certificate forms;


Such other information as the commissioner may deem necessary to a proper exhibit of its plan of operation; and


Payment of the fee specified in Section 11090. Any foreign or alien society desiring admission to this State shall have the qualifications required of domestic societies organized under this chapter. If the commissioner refuses to issue such license, he shall reduce his refusal to writing, file the same in his office and furnish a copy thereof, together with a statement of his reason therefor, to the secretary or corresponding officer of the society.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 11091’s source at ca​.gov