(a) This chapter shall not apply to workmen’s compensation insurance, any policy of liability insurance with or without supplementary coverage, or any policy or contract of reinsurance.
(b) This chapter shall apply to selected group disability insurance as defined in Section 10270.97, except insofar as it is exempted from Section
(c) This chapter shall apply to each of the types of insurance enumerated in this subdivision that insure more than one person, except to the extent that the type of insurance may be exempted from compliance with particular portions of this chapter by the provisions of this chapter relating to
that type of insurance.
The types of insurance that insure more than one person and that are hereby exempted from
subdivision (c) of Section 10320 (but family expense disability insurance only to the extent therein provided), and Section 10401 (but only to the extent in this chapter provided) are:
(1) Blanket insurance, as defined in subdivision (a) of Section 10270.2.
(2) Tuition refund insurance, as defined in Section 10270.1.
(3) Group disability insurance, as defined in Sections 10270.5, 10270.505, and 10270.57.
(4) Family expense disability insurance, as defined in Section 10270.7.
(5) Unemployment compensation disability insurance, as defined in paragraph (6) of subdivision (a) of Section