Section 34240

In each county and city there is a public body corporate and politic known as the housing authority of the county or city. The authority shall not transact any business or exercise its powers unless, by resolution, the governing body of the county or city declares that there is need for an authority to function in it.


Original source: https://­leginfo.­legislature.­ca.­gov/­faces/­codes_displaySection.­xhtml?lawCode=HSC&sectionNum=34240.­ External link icon (last accessed December 5, 2016).