CA Health & Safety Code Section 18151


The position of mobilehome ombudsman is hereby established in the Department of Housing and Community Development.


Except as provided in subdivision (c), the ombudsman shall provide assistance in taking complaints, and helping to resolve and coordinate the resolution of those complaints, from the public relating to manufactured homes and mobilehomes, including, but not limited to, problems of titling and registration, installation, warranties, financing, other than financing by a supervised financial organization, as defined in Section 1801.6 of the Civil Code, sales, inspection of homes and parks, mobilehome accessories and improvements, and problems relating to the Mobilehome Residency Law (Chapter 2.5 (commencing with Section 798) of Title 2 of Part 2 of Division 2 of the Civil Code).


The ombudsman shall not arbitrate, mediate, negotiate, or provide legal advice on mobilehome park rent disputes, lease or rental agreements, or disputes arising from lease or rental agreements, but may provide information on these issues.


The ombudsman shall refer any alleged violations of law or regulations within the Department of Housing and Community Development’s jurisdiction to the Division of Codes and Standards within the Department of Housing and Community Development.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 18151’s source at ca​.gov