(a) Each pet store operator shall ensure that records of all veterinary visits to the pet store are documented in writing. Veterinary treatment records shall be kept for each animal or group of animals that receives medications or immunizations while in the care of the pet store. These records shall include summaries of direction received orally from veterinarians, and shall include all of the following, to the extent it is provided by the veterinarian:
(1) Identification of the animal or group of animals receiving medical treatment.
(2) Name of the medication or immunization used.
(3) Amount of medication used.
(4) Time and date on which the medication or immunization was administered.
(b) Records required by subdivision (a) shall be made available, upon request, to a person who purchases a cat or dog, or any individually housed animal.
(c) The pet store shall provide to the purchaser of an animal at the time of sale information concerning the store’s animal return policy, which shall be made available to customers either through in-store signs or handouts to customers. The pet store shall also provide to purchasers of cats, dogs, and all individually housed animals all of the following information:
(1) Spay or neuter procedures performed on the animal.
(2) Vaccinations, medical treatment, and veterinary treatment administered to the animal during its stay in the store.
(3) Any identification device on the animal.
(4) With respect to dogs and cats, all information required to be disclosed under Section 122140. Sections 122356 and 122358 do not apply to a violation of Section 122140.
(5) With respect to dogs, all information required to be disclosed under Sections 122190 and 122310. This information shall be contained in separate documents. Sections 122356 and 122358 do not apply to a violation of Section 122190 or 122310.
(6) With respect to birds, all information required to be disclosed under Section 122321. Section 122356 and Section 122358 do not apply to a violation of Section 122321.
(d) Each pet store operator shall maintain records for identification purposes of the person from whom the animals in the pet store were acquired, including that person’s name, address, and telephone number, and the date the animal was acquired.
(e) All records required by this section shall be maintained by the pet store for two years from the date of disposition of the animal, and shall be made available upon request to appropriate enforcement officers exercising authority pursuant to Section 122356.