(a) The department shall, in coordination with the State Department of Health Care Services, develop a plan that assesses the need for, a program of acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) primary prevention, health education, testing, and counseling, specifically designed for women and children, that shall be integrated, as the department deems appropriate, into the following programs:
(1) The California Childrens Services Program provided for pursuant to Article 5 (commencing with Section 123800) of Chapter 3 of Part 2 of Division 106.
(2) Programs under the Maternal and Child Health Branch of the department.
(3) The Child Health Disability Prevention Program provided for pursuant to Article 6 (commencing with Section 124025) of Chapter 3 of Part 2 of Division 106.
(4) The Genetic Disease Program, provided for pursuant to Sections 125000 and 125005.
(5) The Family Planning Programs, provided for pursuant to Chapter 8.5 (commencing with Section 14500) of Part 3 of Division 9 of the Welfare and Institutions Code.
(6) The Rural and Community Health Clinics Program.
(7) The County Health Services Program, provided for pursuant to Part 4.5 (commencing with Section 16700) of Division 9 of the Welfare and Institutions Code.
(8) The Sexually Transmitted Disease Program.
(9) Substance use disorder programs administered by the State Department of Health Care Services.
(b) The AIDS-related services that shall be addressed in the plan specified in this section shall include, but not be limited to, all of the following:
(1) A variety of educational materials that are appropriate to the cultural background and educational level of the program
(2) The availability of confidential HIV antibody testing and counseling either onsite or by referral.
(c) Pursuant to subdivision (a), the plan shall include a method to provide the educational materials specified in subdivision (b) and appropriate AIDS-related training programs for those persons who provide direct services to women and children receiving services under the programs specified in this section.
(d) In order that the AIDS-related services plan provided through the programs specified in this section be as effective as possible, the department shall ensure that the educational materials and training programs provided for each program specified in subdivision (a) are developed in coordination with, and with input from, each of the respective programs.
(e) Nothing in this section shall preclude the department from incorporating the plan requirements into the department’s annual state AIDS plan, or any other reporting document relating to AIDS deemed appropriate by the department.