(a) Commencing January 1, 2014, each manufacturer that offers for sale in California a water treatment device for which it makes a health or safety claim shall, for each water treatment device for which the manufacturer does not have a valid, unexpired certificate issued by the department prior to December 1, 2013, annually submit to the department the following information, together with the fee prescribed in Section 116850, for purposes of the department
publishing the information on its Internet Web site:
(1) The name, address, telephone number, and Internet Web site address, if any, of the manufacturer.
(2) The name, address, and telephone number of a contact person for the manufacturer.
(3) The name and model number of the water treatment device, and any other product identification, used by the manufacturer to describe the water treatment device or treatment component.
(4) Each specific contaminant claimed to be removed or reduced by the device.
(5) For each specific contaminant identified pursuant to paragraph (4), the name of the organization that meets the accreditation standards of the American National Standards Institute and that
has certified the device to verify its removal or reduction performance for that contaminant, the name of the testing protocol or standard used to test the device, a statement from the testing laboratory giving the date of the test, a summary of the results, and the date, if any, by which the device must be retested for verification of the removal or reduction performance to remain effective.
(6) A product information worksheet that includes the following information:
(A) A summary of the information required to be submitted to the department pursuant to paragraphs (1) to (5), inclusive.
(B) A copy of the certificate issued by the organization that certified the device, as described in paragraph (5).
(C) The service flow rate in gallons per minute or
gallons per day or the production rate in gallons per day.
(D) The rated service life of the water treatment device, if applicable.
(E) The general use conditions and needs of the device, including, but not limited to, its maximum turbidity and the bacteriological quality of source water.
(F) The model or part number of components that must be periodically or routinely replaced to maintain the effectiveness of the device.
(G) The maximum and minimum operating temperature of the device in degrees Fahrenheit and degrees Centigrade.
(H) The maximum and minimum operating pressure of the device in pounds per square inch and kilograms per square centimeter.
(I) A reference to the device’s owners’ manual for general operation and maintenance requirements and the manufacturer’s warranty.
(b) (1)Information submitted to the department pursuant to subdivision (a) that is accompanied by the fee required by Section 116850 and postmarked, or sent electronically, after September 1, but on or before March 1, shall be published by the department pursuant to Section 116845 no later than April 1 next following the submission.
(2) Information submitted to the department pursuant to subdivision (a) that is accompanied by the fee required by Section 116850 and postmarked, or sent electronically, after March 1, but on or before September 1, shall be published by the department pursuant to Section 116845 no later than October 1 of that same year.