(a) Food prepackaged in a food facility shall bear a label that complies with the labeling requirements prescribed by the Sherman Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Law (Part 5 (commencing with Section 109875)), 21 C.F.R. 101-Food Labeling, 9 C.F.R. 317-Labeling, Marking Devices, and Containers, and 9 C.F.R. 381-Subpart N Labeling and Containers, and as specified under Sections 114039 and 114039.1.
(b) Label information shall include the following:
(1) The common name of the food, or absent a common name, an adequately descriptive identity statement.
(2) If made from two or more ingredients, a list of ingredients in descending order of predominance by weight, including a declaration of artificial color or flavor and chemical preservatives, if contained in the food.
(3) An accurate declaration of the quantity of contents.
(4) The name and place of business of the manufacturer, packer, or distributor.
(5) Except as exempted in the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (Section 403(Q)(3)–(5) (21 U.S.C. Sec. 343(q)(3)–(5),
incl.)), nutrition labeling as specified in 21 C.F.R. 101-Food Labeling and 9 C.F.R. 317 Subpart B Nutrition Labeling.
(c) Bulk food that is available for consumer self-service shall be prominently labeled with either of the following in plain view of the consumer:
(1) The manufacturer’s or processor’s label that was provided with the food.
(2) A card, sign, or other method of notification that includes the information specified under paragraphs (1), (2), and (5) of subdivision (b).