(a) On or before October 1, 1995, the State Department of Developmental Services, on behalf of the Secretary of the Health and Human Services Agency, and the State Department of Education, on behalf of the Superintendent of Public Instruction, jointly shall develop, approve, and implement regulations, as necessary, to comply with the requirements of this title and Part C, as specified in federal statutes and regulations.
(b) The regulations developed pursuant to this section shall include, but are not limited to, the following requirements:
(1) The administrative structure for planning and implementation of the requirements of this title and Part C.
(2) Eligibility for Part C services.
(3) Evaluation and assessment.
(4) Individualized family service plans.
(5) Service coordination.
(6) The program and service components of the statewide system for early intervention services.
(7) The duties and responsibilities of the lead agency as specified in Section 95006, including procedural safeguards and the process for resolving complaints against a public agency for violation of the requirements of Part C.
(c) The State Department of Developmental Services shall adopt regulations to implement this title in accordance with Chapter 3.5 (commencing with Section 11340) of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2. Initial regulations to implement this title shall be adopted as emergency regulations. The adoption of these initial emergency regulations shall be considered by the Office of Administrative Law to be an emergency and necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health and safety, or general welfare. The initial emergency regulations shall remain in effect for no more than 180 days. These regulations shall be jointly developed by the State Department of Developmental Services and the State Department of Education by July 1, 1994. The Department of Finance shall review and comment upon the emergency regulations prior to their adoption.