California Government Code
(a) The Office of Emergency Services, in consultation with relevant local and state agencies, shall develop and adopt a state fire service and rescue emergency mutual aid plan that does all of the following:
(1) Provides a systematic mobilization, organization, and operation of necessary fire, rescue, and hazardous material resources of the state in mitigating the effects of disasters.
(2) Provides comprehensive and compatible plans for the expedient mobilization and response of available fire, rescue, and hazardous materials resources on a local, area, regional, and statewide basis.
(3) Establishes guidelines for recruiting and training auxiliary personnel to augment fire, rescue, and hazardous materials personnel during disaster operations.
(4) Provides for an annually updated fire, rescue, and hazardous materials response inventory of all personnel and equipment in California.
(5) Provides for the interchange and dissemination of fire, rescue, and hazardous materials-related data, directives, and information among fire and rescue officials of local, state, and federal agencies.
(6) Promotes annual training or exercises, or both training and exercises, among plan participants.
(b) The state fire service and rescue emergency mutual aid plan shall be an annex to the State Emergency Plan.
(c) The State Emergency Plan and the state fire service and rescue mutual aid plan shall be operated pursuant to Article 9.5 (commencing with Section 8607).