California Government Code

Sec. § 8619

The Governor may on behalf of this state enter into reciprocal aid agreements or compacts, mutual aid plans, or other interstate arrangements for the protection of life and property with other states and the federal government, either on a statewide basis or a political subdivision basis. Prior to committing the personnel, equipment, or facilities of any political subdivision of this state, the Governor shall consult with the chief executive or governing body of such political subdivision. Such mutual aid arrangements may include the furnishing or exchange, on such terms and conditions as are deemed necessary, of supplies, equipment, facilities, personnel, and services.

Last accessed
Jun. 6, 2016