CA Gov't Code Section 75052


The nonmember who is awarded a separate account shall have the right to a refund of accumulated retirement contributions in the separate account of the nonmember.


The nonmember shall file an application on a form provided by the system to obtain the refund.


The refund is effective when the system deposits in the United States mail an initial warrant drawn in favor of the nonmember and addressed to the latest address for the nonmember on file in the system.


The nonmember is deemed to have permanently waived all rights in the system and all rights to any future retirement benefits pertaining to the service credit, accumulated contributions, or both, when the refund becomes effective.


The nonmember may not cancel a refund once the refund has become effective.


The nonmember shall have no right to elect to redeposit the refunded accumulated contributions from the nonmember’s account after the refund is effective, and shall have no right to redeposit under Section 75028.5, or to purchase service credit under Section 75029 or Section 75030.5.


If at the time the parties separate, the member does not have the necessary minimum credited service to retire, the nonmember shall receive a refund of the accumulated contributions placed in the nonmember’s account. “Minimum credited service” means at least five years of service credit under the Judges’ Retirement System.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 75052’s source at ca​.gov