California Government Code
(a) A trial court may adopt reasonable rules and regulations, after consultation in good faith with representatives of a recognized employee organization or organizations, for the administration of employer-employee relations under this article. These rules and regulations may include provisions for:
(1) Verifying that an organization does in fact represent employees of the trial court.
(2) Verifying the official status of employee organization officers and representatives.
(3) Recognition of employee organizations.
(4) Exclusive recognition of employee organizations formally recognized pursuant to a vote of the employees of the trial court or an appropriate unit thereof, subject to the right of an employee to represent himself or herself as provided in Section 71631.
(5) Additional procedures for the resolution of disputes involving wages, hours, and other terms and conditions of employment.
(6) Access of employee organization officers and representatives to work locations.
(7) Use of official bulletin boards and other means of communication by employee organizations.
(8) Furnishing nonconfidential information pertaining to employment relations to employee organizations.
(9) Any other matters as are necessary to carry out the purposes of this article.
(b) Exclusive recognition of employee organizations formally recognized as majority representatives pursuant to a vote of the employees may be revoked by a majority vote of the employees only after a period of not less than 12 months following the date of recognition.
(c) No trial court shall unreasonably withhold recognition of employee organizations. A trial court may not offer to provide employees benefits of any kind for the purpose of inducing those employees to decertify or withdraw support from a recognized employee organization.
(d) Pursuant to the obligation to meet and confer in good faith, the trial court shall establish procedures to determine the appropriateness of any bargaining unit of court employees.
(e) Trial court employees and employee organizations shall be able to challenge a rule or regulation of a trial court as a violation of this chapter.