California Government Code
(a) On or before December 31, 2005, the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) and the California State Association of Counties (CSAC) shall complete an initial review of the impact upon individual counties and courts of the changes in revenue distributions and payment obligations under Sections 68085.6, and 68085.7 for the purpose of correcting inequities that may result from these changes. The AOC and CSAC shall work with counties and courts to develop and implement procedures to correct inequities resulting from either the
implementation of these changes or any changes in the provision of services or benefits under any of the following circumstances:
(1) Institution of new civil assessment programs after the 2003-04 fiscal year.
(2) Substantial impacts on memoranda of understanding or other agreements that are existing or pending as of June 10, 2005, or practices in effect at that time, which agreements and practices contemplate the use of revenues transferred under the act that added this section.
(3) The demonstration by clear evidence that the information used as the basis for determining a reduction under Section 68085.7, or for determining a county’s obligation under Section 68085.6, results in an inequity, and that the inequity imposes an undue hardship on the court or county.
(b) Inequities may be corrected by one or more of the following mechanisms:
(1) Adjustment of the reduction under subdivision (b) of Section 68085.7.
(2) Adjustment of the amount of a county’s obligation under subdivision (a) of Section 68085.6.
(3) Adjustment of allocations to a trial court from the Trial Court Trust Fund under subdivision (a) of Section 68085.
(4) If necessary, with agreement of the court and county, adjustments of the rights and duties of the parties under memoranda of understanding or other agreements or practices.
The adjustments under paragraphs (1) to (4), inclusive, may be temporary or permanent. Adjustments under this section shall be made only with the mutual agreement of
the AOC and CSAC.