California Government Code

Sec. § 66907.7


The conservancy may award grants to local public agencies, state agencies, federal agencies, federally recognized Indian tribes, the Tahoe transportation district established under Section 66801, and nonprofit organizations, for the purposes of this title.


Grants to nonprofit organizations for the acquisition of real property or interests therein shall be subject to all of the following conditions:


The purchase price of any interest in land acquired by the nonprofit organization may not exceed fair market value as established by an appraisal approved by the conservancy.


The conservancy approves the terms under which the interest in land is acquired.


The interest in land acquired pursuant to a grant from the conservancy may not be used as security for any debt to be incurred by the nonprofit organization unless the conservancy approves the transaction.


The transfer of land acquired pursuant to a grant shall be subject to the approval of the conservancy and the execution of an agreement between the conservancy and the transferee sufficient to protect the interest of the people of California.


The state shall have a right of entry and power of termination in and over all interests in real property acquired with state funds, which may be exercised if any essential term or condition of the grant is violated.


If the existence of the nonprofit organization is terminated for any reason, title to all interest in real property acquired with state funds shall immediately vest in the state, except that, prior to that termination, another public agency or nonprofit organization may receive title to all or a portion of that interest in real property, by recording its acceptance of title, together with the conservancy’s approval, in writing.


Any deed or other instrument of conveyance whereby real property is being acquired by a nonprofit organization pursuant to this section shall be recorded and shall set forth the executory interest or right of entry on the part of the state.


A public agency is eligible to receive soil erosion grant funds for up to two-thirds of the costs of relocating water or sewer-related infrastructure owned by a publicly owned utility, if all of the following conditions are met:


The conservancy finds that the relocation is necessary to complete an erosion control project.


The utility is not otherwise required to relocate the infrastructure at its own cost under the terms of a permit or franchise agreement.


The relocation cost is not eligible for funding from any other public funds.

Last accessed
Jun. 6, 2016