CA Gov't Code Section 29925

If the board fails to make the levy necessary to pay the bond or interest coupons at maturity and any bond or interest coupon is presented to the treasurer and payment is refused, the owner may file the bond, together with all unpaid coupons, with the State Controller, taking his receipt therefor. The bonds shall be registered in the State Controller’s office and the State Board of Equalization shall, at its next session and at each annual equalization thereafter, add to the state tax to be levied in the county a sufficient rate to realize the amount of principal or interest past due and to become due prior to the next levy.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 29925’s source at ca​.gov