CA Gov't Code Section 17300

Whenever the Controller determines that moneys in the General Fund are, or are expected to be, insufficient for the payment of all appropriations by the Legislature which are required to be paid in the then current fiscal year out of the General Fund, the Controller, based upon his or her estimate of the probable income to the General Fund during the then current fiscal year and the probable dates of receipt thereof, may draw a demand or demands against appropriations made from the General Fund to be paid in the then current fiscal year prior to the receipt of the income, and deliver the demand or demands to the Treasurer. The Treasurer shall register the demand or demands for nonpayment and may issue notes by resolution pursuant to Section 17302.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 17300’s source at ca​.gov