CA Gov't Code Section 16373


Money that has remained unclaimed in the hands of any state agency, or for which the claimant cannot be found, may be deposited in the Special Deposit Fund in trust and may be withdrawn in the same manner as other trust money. Unclaimed money of five dollars ($5) or less in an inmate’s trust account after he or she has been paroled shall be forfeited, and deposited in the Inmate Welfare Fund of the Department of Corrections in the State Treasury.


When the Director of the Youth Authority has in his or her possession trust account money of an offender committed to or housed in the Department of the Youth Authority, any unclaimed offender trust account money of five dollars ($5) or less shall be forfeited on the date of discharge, or one year from the date of escape or absconding from the Department of the Youth Authority supervision, and shall be deposited in the Benefit Fund to be expended pursuant to Section 1752.5 of the Welfare and Institutions Code.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 16373’s source at ca​.gov