CA Gov't Code Section 15814.27

If a local government enters into an energy service contract with the State Public Works Board pursuant to this chapter, its governing body shall annually budget and appropriate the amounts payable under that energy service contract during that fiscal year. If the governing body fails or neglects to make the appropriations, the officer of the local government with responsibility for disbursing its funds shall transfer, from any money available in any fund of the treasury of that local government, the sums necessary to meet its energy service contract obligation determined pursuant to this chapter, and this transfer shall have the same force and effect as it would have had if the required appropriation had been made by the governing body of the local government.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 15814.27’s source at ca​.gov