CA Gov't Code Section 15814.11

For purposes of this chapter, the following terms have the following meanings:


“Public building” means a public building as defined in Section 15802, and includes the cogeneration and alternative energy equipment, water conservation equipment, and conservation measures which the board is authorized by this chapter to acquire and construct. “Public Building” also means any publicly funded school that includes kindergarten and grades 1 to 12, inclusive, or any portion of those grades, provided that publicly funded schools that include kindergarten and grades 1 to 12, inclusive, shall be authorized to finance only conservation measures and water conservation equipment as defined in subdivisions (e) and (g).


“Energy service contract” means a contract entered into by the board or any other state agency with any person, including, but not limited to, an individual, company, corporation, partnership, state agency, or other entity or group of entities, pursuant to which the person will provide electrical or thermal energy or water or water conservation or energy conservation measures.


“Cogeneration equipment” means equipment for cogeneration, as defined in Section 216.6 of the Public Utilities Code.


“Alternative energy equipment” means equipment for the production or conversion of energy from alternative sources, including, but not limited to, solar, biomass, wind, geothermal, hydroelectricity under 30 megawatts, or any other source of energy or water, the efficient use of which will reduce the use of fossil or nuclear fuels or water from established sources of supply.


“Conservation measures” means equipment, maintenance, meters, load management techniques and equipment, or other measures to reduce energy or water use or make for a more efficient use of energy or water.


“State agency” means any state agency, board, department or commission, including, but not limited to, the entities specified in Section 15814.12, and any school district as defined in Section 80 of the Education Code.


“Water conservation equipment” means any device or modification that reduces water use from established water sources.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 15814.11’s source at ca​.gov