CA Gov't Code Section 12974

Whenever a complaint is filed with the department and the department concludes on the basis of a preliminary investigation that prompt judicial action is necessary to carry out the purposes of this part, the director or his authorized representative may bring a civil action for appropriate temporary or preliminary relief pending final disposition of such complaint. Any temporary restraining order or other order granting preliminary or temporary relief shall be issued in accordance with Section 527 of the Code of Civil Procedure. An action seeking such temporary or preliminary relief may be brought in any county in which actions may be brought under subdivision (b) of Section 12965. In civil actions brought under this section, the court, in its discretion, may award to the department reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, including expert witness fees, when it is the prevailing party for the purposes of the order granting temporary or preliminary relief.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 12974’s source at ca​.gov