California Government Code

Sec. § 110029


If, after a reasonable period of time, representatives of the Statewide Authority and the recognized employee organization fail to reach agreement, the dispute shall be referred to mediation before a mediator mutually agreeable to the parties. If the parties are unable to agree upon the mediator, either party may request the board to appoint a mediator in accordance with rules adopted by the board.


The costs of mediation shall be divided one-half to the Statewide Authority and one-half to the recognized employee organization or recognized employee organizations.

Last accessed
Jun. 6, 2016