California Government Code
(a) The scope of representation shall include all matters relating to wages, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment. The scope of representation shall exclude the following functions performed by, or on behalf of, a county:
(1) Determining an applicant’s eligibility for IHSS benefits.
(2) Assessing, approving, and authorizing an IHSS recipient’s initial and continuing need for services.
(3) Enrolling providers and conducting provider orientation.
(4) Conducting criminal background checks on all potential providers.
(5) Providing assistance to IHSS recipients in finding eligible providers through the establishment of a provider registry, as well as providing orientation to recipients.
(6) Pursuing overpayment recovery recollection.
(7) Performing quality assurance activities.
(8) Providing assistance to IHSS recipients through the establishment
of emergency backup services.
(9) Performing any other function or responsibility required pursuant to statute or regulation to be performed by the county.
(b) The scope of representation shall also exclude the IHSS recipient’s right to hire, fire, and supervise the individual provider.