(a) The enforcing officer may file a verified petition in superior court requesting permission to divert the lot to any other available lawful use or to destroy the lot. The verified petition shall show all of the following:
(1) The condition of the lot.
(2) That the lot is situated within the territorial jurisdiction of the court in which the petition is being filed.
(3) That the lot is held, and that the notice of noncompliance has been served as provided in Section 59285.
(4) That the lot has not been reconditioned as required.
(5) The name and address of the owner and the person in possession of the lot.
(6) That the owner has refused permission to divert or to destroy the lot.
(b) A proceeding under this section is a limited civil case if the value of the property in controversy is less than or equal to the maximum amount in controversy for a limited civil case under Section 85 of the Code of Civil Procedure.