CA Food & Agric Code Section 51


If, in connection with the use of roads, highways, and freeways, the assistance, control, or protection by Highway Patrol officers is desired, applications by an entity engaged in agricultural production to utilize services of Highway Patrol officers in the transportation of agricultural commodities shall be made to the Commissioner of the California Highway Patrol. The commissioner may approve the application provided that employees are available and the department is fully reimbursed for additional costs incurred.


Applications to utilize Highway Patrol employee services shall be approved or disapproved by the Commissioner of the California Highway Patrol within 30 days of receipt of the application and shall be approved sooner, if possible.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 51’s source at ca​.gov